Wednesday 25 February 2015

MY NEW NAME & IDENTITY!

Hello everyone! Yesterday marks an important day after I left ICA building... I've officially changed my name and gotten my new IC and Passport! :D I actually got this new name since mid of last year but didn't get the necessary legal documents done until last month~ Of course, it doesn't mean that life will immediately change for the better as this all requires time and also largely depends on our own doings~ :) I shan't go into the details of what the Master shared about my old name but I'm definitely ready to embark on a new journey with my new name! 

My old name: Goh Shu Ping Shirley 吴淑萍
My new name: Goh Shi Ying Shirley 吴詩縈 (Shī Yíng)

Getting your name changed is a big thing, so do consider properly before you proceed with anything yup! Well if you're thinking of getting a new name in the future, here's what you will need and the costs involved!

1) Change of Name by Master (amount varies depending on what the Master charges)

2) Deed Poll - $70 
- It's a compulsory document you need to sign before a solicitor, required by ICA as part of the name change procedure.
- This is the law firm that I engaged, also possibly one of the cheapest I've known!
http://www.familylaw.com.sg/deedpoll.htm

3) Change of IC - $60

4) Change of Passport - $70

The entire procedure took about 3 weeks for me~ Just take note, once you've received the pink slip to collect your passport, don't delay and hurry book the appointment because the slots are filled up pretty fast! To save traveling time, book the appointment for both IC and Passport collection on the same day! Alternatively, you can also check out ICA's website for an online/SingPost procedure to apply and get all of these done without going to ICA building itself! Alright that's about it! Have a great day all!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

PS: I'm currently editing a new video - "How To Upload Videos (without cropping) From iMovie to Instagram!"
Should be up by tomorrow, Thursday! Subscribe if you haven't! ;) www.youtube.com/shiiirleygoh


With love,
Shirley

No comments:

Post a Comment