Sunday 18 January 2015

Uncovering The Truth About Meeting Someone At The Wrong Time


I just read a very thought-provoking article from thoughtcatalog by Heidi Priebe on “The truth about meeting someone at the wrong time”. Some people agree with the article, others beg to differ. 

The article talked about “timing”, something that is always NOT within our control. It is true. If you’re happily in love, you’ll probably feel that the “right timing” is finally here, and that what's happening right now is all meant to be. But if for certain reasons you’re not able to be with that someone, you’ll most likely find yourself struggling and experiencing helplessness with the so-called “wrong timing”.

Here’s the main gist of the article (as quoted): the people we meet at the wrong time are actually just the wrong person.

Did someone just appear in your mind the moment you read that sentence? If yes, don’t worry; you’re not alone. I used to ask myself, “Why? Just why?” And after so many years, I stopped questioning the unknown and instead tell myself this: There must be a good reason why I was meant to meet that person. Find out the reason and then move on.

It’s never easy to face up to reality. What’s even tougher is making that attempt to change your daily routine with that person. You get so used to the daily texts that when it stopped, everything around you kind of stops too. You suddenly realize that you have problems keeping up with your own schedule or to-do-list, just because you’re checking your phone every other minute.  You know you shouldn’t bottle things up, so you talked to your closest friends hoping they can knock some sense into your brain and heart. But then you still wake up to a brand new day, only to find yourself stuck at yesterday. 

Some say it’s easier to move on by "hating" the person. I tried that once many years back, and failed. I just couldn’t attain peace within myself with hate. I feel that hate is just to mask the pain, which is perhaps the worst thing you can do to yourself. Because the moment you try to lift up that hate, your emotional pain is even more overwhelming, as if you’ve never moved on at all.

With that said, it's time to come clean and find out the reason why, not for anyone but for yourself. Give your heart the peace it deserves. Tell yourself: I want to do well for myself even when you’re not going to be around anymore. 

4 comments:

  1. Heart felt indeed.I feel you:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nah disagree....I think at your age, you should be more focus on your career and other aspects of your life than let your issues dictate your mental state of mind. Work on the tangible and leave e rest to take care of itself.

    ReplyDelete