Monday 12 October 2015

I committed a sin. And I'm sorry.


~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

I've been committing a deadly sin for quite awhile that is eating me up... The sin of envy. So when Michelle Phan posted this paragraph on her Facebook, I literally went "OMG I needed this!" And that's when I know it's about time I do something about my lack of self confidence and low self esteem :( 

I believe it's because of what I'm always seeing on social media everyday that makes me envy other girls so much for their good looks or life which in return, made me feel nothing but less beautiful (on a superficial level) which is absolutely terrible because I know I shouldn't be feeling this way :/ And now, this really needs to stop. Time is so precious that I should be making the best out of it instead of wasting it like this. 

To my beautiful self, I'm so sorry. I guess I'm still learning how to treat myself better and love me for who I am. Time to clear my head and attain some peace within. 

"Do not overrate what you have received, nor envy others. He who envies others does not achieve peace." - Buddha

No comments:

Post a Comment