Wednesday 9 December 2015

THAT Wake Up Call Right Before 2015 Ends.

Hihi~ It's 1 am right now as I'm typing this! Just wanted to come over to my little space here and think about life. I'm sure most people have heard about the latest news of Strangers' Reunion's Head Chef who has been recently diagnosed with stage 4 cancer at just 26 years old. In order to help Sebastian with his treatment bill, both Strangers' Reunion & Curious Palette will now be open on every Tuesdays (which is supposedly their closing day) and every Tuesday's proceeds will go into the funding for his treatment. 

I felt pretty sad after reading this news because what struck me the most is, he's only 26. All the hard work that he has put in ever since the cafe started in 2013... It definitely wasn't an easy journey to get to the Head Chef position but he did it! And it's crazy to see how everything could change overnight. Life is too fragile; moments like this always make me reflect a little more on just how blessed I am. I'm turning 26 in exactly a month's time and there's still so much that I've yet to accomplish. 

This might just be that wake up call - reminding us to make the best out of life while we're still at it. At least that's how I see it.

With love,
Shirley

No comments:

Post a Comment