Monday 15 June 2015

My First Pink Dot 2015 Experience!

Pink Dot Sg  |  Supporting the freedom to love ♡
Photo credits to pinkdot.sg

Hello there! Hope everyone had a great weekend :) My weekend was pretty special as it's my very first time attending the Pink Dot event at Hong Lim Park last Saturday! If you don't know, Pink Dot is a non-profit movement started by a group of individuals who care deeply about the place LGBT Singaporeans call home. This event which has been ongoing for 7 years is for everyone, straight and gay, who support the belief that everyone deserves the freedom to love. Fyi, I'm straight and just wanted to show my fullest support to the LGBT community :)
The fastest melting candy floss everrr lol~
People from all walks of life :)
Selfie before the big moment!
Finally, that moment where more than 28,000 people came together to form Singapore's iconic symbol of exclusivity and diversity -- a giant human pink dot <3
Photo credits to pinkdot.sg
I've heard stories of how people struggle with coming out because it is something that's not universally accepted. The fear they have inside is even worse especially when it comes to their parents. All I can say is that it's really not easy which is why I feel that the Pink Dot event is incredible because it truly gives hope, support and love to the LGBT community! I see the event as a way to celebrate their love, something that they can and should be proud of! If you were there, you would definitely understand what I felt. The love is real :)

With love,
Shirley

No comments:

Post a Comment